McMaster Divinity College sponsors a colloquium in biblical studies. Outstanding scholars from around the world share in a colloquium where they present their perspective on a selected topic. The discussion of this topic is intended to provide both scholarly and practical benefit to the whole church, and scholars, pastors, lay people and students are all encouraged to attend. The format of the colloquium includes presentations, panel discussions, and frequent opportunities for question and answer. Interaction from those who attend is welcomed.
Dr. H.H. Bingham was a noted Baptist leader who served as pastor at a number of Ontario Baptist churches. His leadership abilities were recognized by Baptists all across Canada and the world. He served as General Secretary to the Baptist Convention of Ontario and Quebec and as Vice-President of the Baptist World Alliance. He displayed the qualities of genuine friendship, dedicated leadership, unswerving Christian faith, tire-less devotion to duty, insightful service as a preacher and pastor, and visionary direction for congregation and denomination alike. This colloquium has been endowed by his daughter, Mrs. Doris Kennedy of Calgary, Alberta, as an act of admiration and appreciation for a wonderful father and minister.
The Bingham Colloquia have had the following titles:
- 1995 - Patterns of Discipleship in the New Testament
- 1996 - The Road from Damascus: The Impact of Paul’s Conversion on His Life, Thought and Ministry
- 1997 – Life in the Face of Death: The Resurrection Message of the New Testament
- 1998 – The Challenge of Jesus’ Parables
- 1999 – Into God’s Presence: Prayer in the New Testament
- 2000 – Models of Ministry: Community Formation in the New Testament, the Ante-Nicene Fathers, and the Church Today
- 2001 – Contours of Christology in the New Testament
- 2002 – Reading the Gospels Today
- 2003 – Hearing the Old Testament through the New: The Use of the Old Testament in the New Testament
- 2004 – The Messiah in the Old and New Testaments
- 2005 – Translating the New Testament: Text, Translation, Theology
- 2006 – Christian Mission: Old Testament Foundations and New Testament Developments
- 2007 – Empire in the New Testament
- 2008 – The Church: Then & Now
- 2010 – Rediscovering Worship: Past, Present & Future
- 2012 – The Bible and Social Justice
- 2013 – Rejection: God's Refugees
- 2014 – Romans
- 2015 – Is the Gospel Good News?
- 2016 - Linguistics and the Bible: Retrospect and Prospects
Many of these colloquia have been published in the McMaster New Testament Studies series.