A study of the principles of interpretation and application of the Bible. Attention is given to students developing a clearly defined framework for interpreting the Bible that is biblically and theologically grounded, spiritually sensitive, critically aware and practically relevant.
- Know sound guidelines for reading and interpreting Scripture.
- Understand common fallacies of interpretation.
- Know the types of literature in the Bible, and how they affect interpretation.
- Know a variety of methods by which the Bible has been interpreted.
- Know principles for applying the Bible to life, ministry and thought.
- Be habitually challenged and changed by the reading and study of the Bible.
- Become an informed and responsible interpreter of the Bible.
- Be a critical thinker in the process of the constant evaluation of interpretation.
- Be one who values Scripture deeply.
- Make specific applications of the Bible to your ministry and/or spiritual formation.
- Listen and read criticallyIdentify fallacies of interpretation
- Apply biblical interpretation in a way that is relevant to your specialization.