Biblical Interpretation* (DPT)
This is an essential course for anyone who has a high view of Scripture and believes that it is the primary authority for all Christians. A study of the principles of interpretation and application of the Bible. Attention is given to students developing a clearly defined framework for interpreting the Bible that is biblically and theologically grounded, spiritually sensitive, critically aware and practically relevant.
- Know sound guidelines for reading and interpreting Scripture
- Understand common fallacies of interpretation
- Know the types of literature in the Bible, and how they affect interpretation
- Know a variety of methods by which the Bible has been interpreted
- Know principles for applying the Bible to life, ministry and thought
- Be habitually challenged and changed by the reading and study of the Bible.
- Become an informed and responsible interpreter of the Bible.
- Be a critical thinker in the process of the constant evaluation of interpretation
- Be one who values Scripture deeply
- Make specific applications of the Bible to your ministry and/or spiritual formation
- Listen and read critically
- Identify fallacies of interpretation
- Apply biblical interpretation in a way that is relevant to your specialization