Foundations For Effective Ministry I: Worldview, Mission, And Leadership
Tues 1:30 - 3:20PM
This course is designed to help students explore what it means to engage the world in a distinctly Christian way and orient their lives, talents, callings and abilities around God’s perspective on the world and how we are invited to participate in his transformational purposes for it. The course will help students consider how a theological vision for life in this world and a personal encounter with God influences every aspect of life regardless of what their own specific calling may be. Students will consider the key elements of a Christian worldview, a foundational philosophy of Christian leadership and an introduction to the mission of the church.
- To help students understand the concept of worldview and how it is formed.
- To help students understand foundational scriptural and theological principles and/or categories for the mission of the Church in contemporary Canadian culture, and in light of the concerns of post-Christendom.
- To understand key features of contemporary Canadian culture as they relate to issues of spiritual need, and the proclamation of the Christian message.
- To help students understand current issues in contemporary mission in Canadian culture today.
- To encourage reflection and integration in terms of personal, congregational, and political aspects of Christian identity
- To help students develop confidence in their own ability to proclaim the Christian gospel and lead a congregation in evangelistic enterprise.
- To develop a clear connection between understanding current culture and its interface with the Gospel message.
- To help students develop and/or hone their own worldview.
- To help students develop their own philosophy of mission and evangelism for their lives and the church.
- To equip students with relevant strategies for missional leadership and practice.