This course develops the students’ understanding of biblical Hebrew morphology and syntax in order to enable them to translate and sight-read Hebrew text and understand it more fully. It also further develops the students’ Hebrew vocabulary. This course will greatly enhance their capacity for study in the biblical texts and prove a tremendous aid to interpretation.
- To understand and recognize the forms (morphology) of Hebrew words as they are used in various ways in sentences
- To deepen understanding of Hebrew syntax/grammar
- To continue to build a solid basic vocabulary of Classical Hebrew words
- To embrace the value of understanding the original language in exegeting the biblical text
- To enrich one’s understanding of another culture through knowledge of that culture’s language
- To deepen one’s relationship with God through interacting with Scripture.
- To engage with the Scriptures in their original language and context
- To be able to translate most Hebrew passages into English in a way that reflects their original meaning
- To develop the ability to read directly from the Hebrew Scriptures
- To develop skills in using grammars and dictionaries when translating and interpreting Hebrew texts