This course is an introduction to the theology, philosophy and practice of Christian leadership in the 21st century. The course is meant to help students understand leadership as a concept as well as gain perspective on key developmental issues related to their own leadership lives. The course will examine a number of theories of contemporary leadership and especially focus on the challenges of Christian leadership in today’s North American culture as well as consider appropriate strategies for leadership that address these challenges.
- As a result of this course students will understand foundational scriptural and theological principles for leadership in the church in contemporary culture.
- As a result of this course students will have gained knowledge on a wide range of approaches to leadership in contemporary leadership theory.
- As a result of this course students will become conversant with some of the particular challenges to Christian leadership in this particular historical moment in North American history and begin to identify ways to address them.
- Students will grow in their confidence to lead in their own unique, God given style of leadership.
- Students will develop their own philosophy of leadership and consider how to implement this philosophy in their own leadership context.
- Students will identify relevant strategies for personal leadership development.