Website Bethany Community Church
Bethany Community Church is seeking to fill the full-time position, Communications Director. Candidates are encouraged to submit their applications prior to May 13, 2022.
Interested candidates may respond to this posting by forwarding a complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to 1388 Third Street Louth, St. Catharines, ON L2R 6P9. Please include a cover letter, resume, and references , along with writing samples and/or your portfolio of past work, and the results of any personal assessments you may have completed (i.e. Enneagram, Kolbe A Index, Myers-Briggs, StrengthsFinder, etc.).
The anticipated start date for this position is June 2022. This is a full time 40 hr per week salaried position.
The selected candidate will direct, implement and execute the communications and digital marketing strategy of the church related to the vision, values, and work of God at Bethany Community Church.
The core role of the Communications Director is to lead in strategy, and implementation of our internal and external communications. This person needs strong skills in strategy, implementation, communications, digital marketing and creative design. Most of all, this person needs a passion for Jesus, and sharing the stories of Jesus’ activity in the right way, place, and time, to see more people take their next step with Jesus.
This role is about developing our online presence, creating connection points through communication with our church community during the week, and leading in our design and brand. What it is truly about is celebrating, communicating, and connecting people and ministries together here at Bethany.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about working with teams and collaborating with others. This person reports directly to our Executive Pastor, but also works closely with our team leads of Family Ministry, Adult Discipleship, Creative Arts, and our Lead Pastor. This person also plays a crucial role on our leadership team, speaking directly into our direction, communication, and strategy for seeing lives changed by Jesus. What really matters to us is working together creatively and collaboratively to see people connect with each other and with Jesus.
We are excited for whom God might lead to this role, to help us take the next step forward in seeing more lives changed as we share stories of how God is moving.
- Bethany is a faith-based, not-for-profit church organization. Our mission is to “change the world, starting in Niagara,” and we strive to do that by practicing our overarching church values (Grace, Vulnerability, and Discipleship) in all that we do. We seek team members who are “Humble, Hardworking, and Group-Aware” (our Team Values), and who demonstrate a commitment to following Jesus, our mission, and our church values.
- The successful candidate must have a current Police Check, including vulnerable sector, on file at Bethany Community Church prior to commencing employment.
- The successful candidate must be or be willing to become, a member of Bethany Community Church.
- Remuneration will be calculated commensurate with education and experience.
- Bethany Community Church offers a comprehensive health care benefit plan and an RRSP plan for the successful candidate.
Bethany is actively committed to diversity and the principles of Employment Equity and invites applications from all qualified candidates. Women, Indigenous peoples, members of visible minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the selection process. Please advise email@example.com to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org