Website Blue Mountain Community Church
Full-Time Pastor, Blue Mountain Community Church, Thornbury, Ontario
Who you are: A passionate follower of Jesus who loves people. A pastor with an entrepreneurial spirit who is eager to make good change in the world. You are unafraid of the ever-shifting spiritual landscape of our culture. Compassion, grace, and patience are some of your core values. People always come first. You know and love God’s Word and see yourself as part of His unfolding story.
Who we are: The Blue Mountains Community Church is a small, energetic, and deeply caring group of people. We love Jesus and we love people. We are forward thinking and hardworking. Serving others is one of our main values. We are proud of our reach into the community and world at large. We’re nestled along the shores of Georgian Bay in a thriving town called Thornbury, part of the greater Town of The Blue Mountains. It’s a stunning place to live and work surrounded by nature and a growing community. We love it here.
We seek a Pastor who will, with God’s direction, oversee the spiritual life of the congregation. The Pastor will model, lead, and nurture the church toward increased spiritual growth in the power of the Holy Spirit. Along with the congregation, the Pastor will work toward reaching the unchurched in our community and encouraging all people to begin and maintain a growing and vital relationship with Jesus Christ. ‘Bringing everyone one step closer to Jesus’ is our motto!
– Preach/Teach biblical messages that foster healthy Christian living and promote God’s purposes into daily life and lead the church to prayer
– Encourage people to find and use their spiritual gifts
– Promote a community outreach focus
– Oversee children’s and youth ministries, and nurture relationships with children and youth in our church and community
– Inspire congregants to participate in children’s camp, youth ministries
– Oversee adult ministries, and develop and equip leaders to facilitate ministries within the vision and mission of BMCC
– Provide pastoral care services for weddings, funerals, baptisms, and provide home and hospital visits to congregants
– Oversee BMCC Administration and work with the official board
Education and Required Skills:
– The candidate will have obtained a biblical and theological education or equivalent
– Ideally, minimum of 5 years pastoral or ministry experience
– As a minimum, the candidate must meet or be willing to work towards the requirements of the FMCIC ministerial guidelines.
How to Apply
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. However, Canadian citizens and permanent residents may be given priority.
This posting will remain open until March 28, 2023.
Each application will be reviewed prayerfully.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com