Website Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec - Camp Kwasind
The Guests Services & Recreation Manager will be responsible for providing management to our Spring & Fall Guest Groups, development of Summer Activities and Electives and assist in administrative and communication support for the Kwasind team. Exceptional customer service is integral to this position in maintaining a professional and positive disposition in the guest experience.
This position will report to the Director of Operations at Camp Kwasind while working with the Managing Camp Director and Office Manager
As an ambassador for Camp Kwasind, you will ensure that all activities promote, enhance and protect the central mission, vision, and values of our organization. We also ask that you support and are committed to live out the values and mission of the Canadian Baptist of Ontario & Quebec in your own personal life decisions.
This is a permanent full-time position with the expectation of working at 1122 Skeleton Lake Rd, Utterson, Ontario, Canada with ability for some remote working Mid November to end of March.
Management & Direction of Guest Groups
- Develop a year-round strategy for increase year-round usage of Kwasind property including weekend group rentals, mid-week school group/business bookings and creative retreat and ministry opportunities
- Develop, plan, and implement an Outdoor Education Program, philosophy and direction in consultation with the Executive Director
- Be responsible for marketing, recruitment and management of guest groups from April to June and September to November
- Collaborate with Director of Operation & Office Manager to coordinate guest groups and input all guest group needs into CampBrain and update system as necessary
- Ensure safe and comprehensive OCA management of groups from the assessment of risk and safety, menu planning, food ordering, and management of on-site groups
- Ensure excellent communication of programs and schedules with guests prior to trip
- Provide leadership in the scheduling and management of Guest groups activities, program, mealtimes, and meeting spaces in a timely manner to meet all guest groups and camps deadlines
- Manage off-season hospitality needs of camp and general cleanliness of areas that guest groups use
- Manage scheduling of all accommodations and communicate in a timely manner to meet all guest group and camp deadlines
- Organize and collect all necessary forms, paperwork and requests (I.e. Insurance forms, dietary needs, waiver etc.)
- Support Office Manage in managing and following up with contracts and invoicing with all groups and ensuring that deposits and final payments from all groups are finalized
- Liaise with guest groups during their stay, problem solve as needed to ensure a seamless guest experience
- Recruit Chefs and or Assist in Food Services for rental groups
- Develop a volunteer (or honorarium based) Host Team to support with rental groups and the appropriate training for such group
- Ensure guest group follow up immediately after departure (i.e. Emails, thank you, survey etc.)
Summer Camp Elective Manager Responsibilities
- Oversee the development of Elective Programming and Lesson coordination
- Ensure certification of staff needed for specific electives
- Manage the placement of staff into Electives in coordination with the Director of Operations & the Summer L-Team
- Create and implement the system to place campers in their weekly elective options
- Ensure all safety protocols and equipment checks are done for electives
- Provide budget needs for Elective based options
- Track camper engagement with Electives provide year to year development of improved Elective experiences for Campers
Onsite Year-Round Support & Customer Service Engagement
- Creates positive Kwasind guest relationships at Kwasind
- Manages all customer feedback, processes and information from Guest Groups
- Develops and maintains an active relationship management strategy for guest groups
- Follows up with guest groups including any feedback received
- Proactively identifies guest group issues and collaborates with the group and department members to solve in a timely manner
- Ensures any Customer Recovery situations are dealt with swiftly and appropriately
- Personally engages in and maintains relationships with our top guest groups, ensuring their satisfaction and loyalty
- Manage Guest Groups customer survey responses and submits results to Director of Operations
Additional Supports as available:
- Assist Director of Operations in the development of website and other tech needs
- Assist Executive Director in creative innovative developments for the future developments of camp
- Assist Managing Director with Food Services support and Summer Camp Programming/ Elective needs
- Assist Communication Specialist with communication and marketing needs as related to guest groups
- Assist Office Manager with book-keeping, business management and other financial management needs
- Assist Facilities Manager with onsite Work Projects, Spring Crew and Work Weekends
We are seeking someone who has a positive attitude, is people-oriented, prioritized customer service, is highly organized, communicates well both verbally and in written form, has an attention to detail and enjoys providing above and beyond service to others! You must be excited to learn and develop new skills, flexible so as to adjust between duties as priorities changes and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. There will be a strong team around you to train you in the specific responsibilities of the role.
The following qualifications are an asset for this position:
- Experienced in a variety of camp ministry roles (maintenance, programming, waterfront, administration, food services, cabin leading)
- Experience in an office environment or administrative role
- Experience interacting with customers both verbally and in written form
- Experience in database and online software management. We use the following software set for administration: CampBrain, Donor Perfect, and Office 365. Experience with these software are not required but is a benefit for applicants.
- G2 or G license
We are seeking a Christian demonstrating a maturing faith, heart of servant leadership and a heart for children and young people. You must have a servant attitude, being both helpful to all and committed to the Camp community. The person in this role must be flexible and willing to pitch in and assist as part of the team.
To apply for this job please visit baptist.ca.