Website Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec
About Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec
Based in Etobicoke, Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec (CBOQ) equips churches and their leaders as they engage in their mission from God in their community. Comprised of over 300 churches, CBOQ is training, equipping and caring for pastors. We recognize that mission is not just evangelism, but also includes promoting justice, social welfare, healing, education and peace in the world. It is a holistic approach that expresses care for both the needs of the human soul and the social needs that affect all of life. We are helping to plant fresh expressions of faith, strengthening existing churches and connecting them with the tools and opportunities they need to thrive. We are serving the next generation by creating resources and experiences for young people and their leaders to expand their love of God and love of each other. We’re telling our churches’ stories to encourage and inspire them, building up our whole family through the good news of what Christ is accomplishing through us. We love and care for our churches and leaders. We love and care for our employees. We are warm and welcoming; we take the time to listen and genuinely understand; we have empathy during tough times, and we make a positive difference in one another’s lives daily. We develop a servant spirit as a significant part of who we are in Christ.
CBOQ provides resources and services to its member churches and ministry leaders. The Next Generation Administrative Assistant is focused on the successful administrative support of the Next Generation ministry office (primarily that of CBOQ Youth – 70% and Office Administration 30% of time spent). The incumbent will provide support to the Youth Ministries Associate (YMA). Throughout the school year, the primary focus is on managing the administrative aspects of all CBOQ Youth events and ministries. Reporting to the YMA, the role will provide more time to CBOQ Youth.
Next Gen Responsibilities:
- Manage with support from the Youth Ministry Associate the operational aspects of Next Generation experiences,
- Work with other staff in a cooperative effort to complete tasks of common concern to the whole office
- Ensure the next gen team is following and implementing on values, mission and operational plan of Next Gen Ministries
- Serve as Next Generation rep at CBOQ administrative team meetings and may serve as an ambassador or representative of CBOQ at the discretion of the YMA or Director of Next Generation Ministries.
- Support other Next Gen staff with other administrative duties as assigned by YMA.
CBOQ Youth Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support (including but not limited to finances and registration) to CBOQ Youth events and teams, (Avalanche, Blizzard, Centre Court, Dominican Republic-Compassion experience, etc.)
- Assists in the brokering of information and opportunities in youth ministry, including all communication tools (email, web, newsletters, phone, etc.)
- Provides administrative support to the YMA
CBOQ Reception Responsibilities
- Answer and clarify general voicemails and emails, forwarding to appropriate staff as needed
- Track and follow up on responses to ensure that emails and phone calls are resolved
- Function as a back-up for other Administrative Assistants during their events, vacation, sick or lieu days
- Work with Administrative Assistants to co-ordinate departmental office supplies requests
- Ordering and keeping track of Office supplies, unpacking and putting supplies away
- Organize mailings and incoming mail
- Other duties as required.
- A mature faith in Jesus Christ which is reflected in attitudes, action and lifestyle.
- Spiritual giftedness in administration.
- The ability to implement processes and policies.
- Strong organizational, decision-making, problem-solving and communication (interpersonal as well as the ability to speak to groups) skills required.
- Management skills are required to supervise unpaid staff, as well as the ability to work well on a team (as leader, or as a team member)
- A passion for youth ministry and young people is essential.
- Demonstrated experience in social media strategy.
- Stamina, energy and enthusiasm to sustain a fast paced ministry schedule and to juggle the multiple events, schedules and budgets of CBOQ Youth ministries.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint), video editing software, social media scheduling and website management.
Qualified candidates may apply by May 31, 2023 to Alvin Lau, Youth Ministries Associate, through this link.
All candidates whose training, experience and aptitudes meet the requirements for the job will be considered, subject to acceptance of the CBOQ code of conduct policy. CBOQ welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this job please visit baptist.ca.