Website Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec
About Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec
Based in Etobicoke, Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec (CBOQ) equips churches and their leaders as they engage in their mission from God in their community. Comprised of over 300 churches, CBOQ is training, equipping and caring for pastors. We recognize that mission is not just evangelism, but also includes promoting justice, social welfare, healing, education and peace in the world. It is a holistic approach that expresses care for both the needs of the human soul and the social needs that affect all of life. We are helping to plant fresh expressions of faith, strengthening existing churches and connecting them with the tools and opportunities they need to thrive. We are serving the next generation by creating resources and experiences for young people and their leaders to expand their love of God and love of each other. We’re telling our churches’ stories to encourage and inspire them, building up our whole family through the good news of what Christ is accomplishing through us. We love and care for our churches and leaders. We love and care for our employees. We are warm and welcoming; we take the time to listen and genuinely understand; we have empathy during tough times, and we make a positive difference in one another’s lives daily. We develop a servant spirit as a significant part of who we are in Christ.
The Church Life and Leadership Associate is part of the Church Life and Leadership Team. The overall mandate of this team is to equip and enhance the capacity of church leaders to build and disciple thriving congregations.
Under the supervision of the Director of Church Life and Leadership, the Church Life and Leadership Develop Associate role focuses on cultivating care, support and development of our ministry leaders through relational presence, tools and resources to equip all areas of church life and leadership.
- Leadership – Works well with a wide range of individuals to provide support, coaching, encouragement and direction.
- Results Orientation – Demonstrates a focus on finishing all tasks in a timely manner while taking complete ownership of tasks.
- Innovative – Able to think creatively to develop new solutions that meet current and future needs.
- Service Orientation – Strives for excellence, delivering the highest quality care and resources possible to those we serve.
- Networking and Relationship Building – Be highly relational, effectively builds constructive, friendly, professional relationships and networks of key contacts with people and colleagues, maintains partnerships that can provide information, assistance and support.
- Accountability – Takes ownership of personal workload, as well as the workload of employees under his/her direction.
- Communication – Expresses and shares information with consistency and clarity (oral and written).
- Live out CBOQ’s mission, vision, and values
- With CLL Director, develop, deliver and foster an environment to grow the CBOQ Church Pastoral Leadership Pipeline (identifying leaders, recruitment, development for ministry, entering ministry, prime years of ministry, retirement from ministry, transitions)
- Build partnerships with educational institutions
- Cultivate and Coach through Leadership Development
- Broaden pastoral internship and mentorship opportunities through CBOQ churches for seminary students
- Develop church boards through various methodologies for innovative and creative processes and procedures thus empowering church leadership to meet current and future needs of ministry
- Develop women in leadership using various methodologies such as relational models (coaching, mentoring), written resources and other innovate/creative methods
- Liase with CLL Associates to ensure Church Leaders are being developed and cared for to enhance the relationships and effectiveness of Church Leaders
- This will include supporting pastors on the CBOQ revitalization journey, CBOQ Leadership Pipeline, NCPO
- Creating Coaching and Mentoring opportunities
- Supporting New Pastors and New Churches
- Liase with CLL Associates to develop, revamp and deliver resources to churches and church leaders
- Liase with CLL Associates regarding Social Justice matters to educate and equip churches and churches leaders
- Recruit, equip, coach and mobilize people and Associations to help develop and deliver these resources.
- A mature faith in Jesus Christ and a commitment to serve through the church
- Commitment to the mission, faith and core values of CBOQ
- Experience as a pastoral leader in a local church, with a preference for those with CBOQ experience.
- Demonstrated success with leading, coaching and development of ministry leaders, lay leaders, employees and others
- Demonstrated sound planning, prioritization and execution skills
- Experience in Christian leadership development and training
Preferred Master’s level degree, with ministry/theological emphasis
- Will become, or is currently a member of, a local CBOQ congregation
- Ability to travel in the CBOQ constituency and more widely as required to represent CBOQ
Qualified candidates may apply by March 3, 2023 to Ken Foo, Director of Church Life and Leadership, through this link.
All candidates whose training, experience and aptitudes meet the requirements for the job will be considered, subject to acceptance of the CBOQ code of conduct policy. CBOQ welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this job please visit baptist.ca.