Website Dutton Baptist Church
JUNIOR YOUTH PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Start date: June 1, 2023
Duration: 12 weeks with potential for extension
HRS: 10 hours/wk
Salary: commensurate with experience
Dutton Baptist Church is seeking an individual to fill the position of Junior Youth Program Coordinator. This person will develop and run a weekly summer program for junior youth ages 9-14 in the Dutton community with a strong outreach component. This is a contract position for an average of ten hours a week. There is potential for this position to be extended throughout the year.
The goal is to create a fun, stimulating and safe environment where young people from the ages of 9-14 years old will meet to engage with each other and have fun in an atmosphere where they can also invite others. The aim is to disciple youth, introduce them to Christ, encourage them to grow spiritually and reach out to others while serving as a spiritual leader and role model to the youth.
The Junior Youth Program Coordinator will develop and oversee the Junior Youth program under the guidance of the ministerial team at DBC. This will include:
- Sourcing curriculum and planning Junior Youth programming; preparation of teaching material, resources for lesson
- Teaching curriculum, discipling youth, walking alongside youth on their spiritual journey
- Relationship building with current junior youth in the church and establishing a core group
- Outreach and relationship building with junior youth in the community; spending time in the community talking to the young people and inviting them to join in youth activities.
- Developing and leading a volunteer team from DBC and/or the community
- Planning and facilitating weekly youth gatherings, devising programs that will enable youth to invite their friends to participate.
- Provision of a supportive, caring, fun and safe environment for the youth.
Qualifications to participate in this internship opportunity:
- Christian Character: The program coordinator must be a practising Christian with an active, observable faith; must have a heart for God and a desire to grow in faith; must be in agreement with the vision of the church.
- The program coordinator must have a passion for the youth and a pastoral heart to see the youth grow in their relationship with Christ; previous experience working with Junior Youth (grades 5-8) is an asset
- Strong understanding of the Bible and missions
- Able to work independently, self-motivated, organised, energetic and practical, able to organise and teach truth in a relevant, relatable style; able to articulate a clear profession of personal faith
- Understand and support the mission, vision and values of Dutton Baptist Church
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org