Website Grace Bible Chapel Parkhill
Join a team of pastors and leaders who genuinely love God and people, who work co-operatively according to our calling and expertise and together seek the welfare of our congregation and community. We believe that a caring and positive environment inspires us to find ways to best minister to those around us. Are you considering new ways and opportunities to engage your community and develop your ministry? We’d love to encourage you to check us out. We’re looking forward to hearing from you and seeking God’s kingdom together.
Grace Bible Chapel – Parkhill, ON Canada
Position: Pastor of Youth & Children Ministries
Church Size: 80-120 adults, 35+ Youth / Children
Classification: Pastoral; Exempt; Full-Time Salary; Benefits
Reports: Senior Pastor & Board
About Grace Bible Chapel (GBC) and Parkhill, ON:
GBC is a warm and caring, community-oriented, family-focused and dynamic church, located in Parkhill, Ontario, nestled about 45 mins northwest of London, ON, 20 mins north of Strathroy, ON and 15 mins southeast of the lakeshores of Port Franks and Grand Bend. ON. Parkhill is a growing town, full of small town charm. Its closeness to amazing beaches, world famous sunsets of Lake Huron, as well as, access to larger metropolitan centers nearby, makes it a desirable place to settle down and grow a family.
– Provide direction, vision and focus to GBC’s Family Ministries (children – youth)
– Lead and facilitate youth and/or children’s ministries (according to personal gifting, ministry focus & need)
– Give oversight, recruit and develop ministry leadership teams (by seeking, equipping, empowering and
evaluating leaders and volunteers)
– Resource and coordinate youth & children’s ministries at GBC
Overall Goal: Visionize, coordinate, lead and oversee activities for youth, children and families that promote fun, fellowship, spiritual development and ministry involvement in accordance with GBC’s core values of:
Believing, Belonging, Becoming, Building (read more).
– Spirit-filled, mature believer
– Spiritual gifts should include: leadership, compassion, teaching, encouragement and administration
– Passionate about the spiritual, emotional and physical development of youth & children
– Proven leadership and team building ability
– Ability to recruit, develop, support, evaluate and affirm volunteers
– Flexible to changing ministry needs and self starter
– Excellent communication, problem solving and people skills
– Skills in ministry oversight (planning, budgeting, forecasting and administering policies/procedures)
– Successful experience in leading (minimum of 2-3 years ministry or related experience)
– Bachelor’s Degree in Christian Studies preferred (or equivalent)
– ‘Plan to Protect’ Certification (or equivalent) preferred
– Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with church personnel, church members and general public
– Able to submit to the spiritual authority of the Senior Pastor, Elders and Board
– In good standing with current denomination
– To help foster a discipling culture among children, youth, parents and volunteer leaders with GBC
– Create a safe environment for children/youth that encourages emotional and spiritual development.
– Recruiting and equipping leaders/volunteers leading to sustainable ministry (i.e., not dependent on staff).
– Coordinate, assist and lead (if necessary) weekly youth programs & Sunday children’s church.
– Encourage and equip parents in their role as primary disciplers of their children. Support them in
teaching and mentoring their children in a life of following Christ.
– Integrate youth & children into the larger church community fostering a ‘whole community’ atmosphere.
– Work with church leaders to develop/source a coordinated curriculum for all ages that progressively
teaches, points to and models the life in Christ.
– Assist and lead GBC’s ‘Five Fun Days’ – a week-long summer outreach (VBS) program.
– Be involved in the community, developing relationships with those who do not know Christ; modeling a missional lifestyle.
– Engage in regular personal worship, study, reflection and prayer
– Take part in leading Sunday morning ministry and help with other whole church events.
– Administrative duties.
– Other duties as assigned by the Board/Senior Pastor.
Please Note: We expect this role to evolve over time due to different ministry needs and opportunities. This position may be adjusted in accordance with the successful candidate’s gifts and ministry orientation – according to our Big Picture Criteria / Goal-Based Job Description (read more).
The Pastor of Youth & Children Ministries is part of the GBC staff and accountable to the Senior Pastor and Board.
Applications may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Grace Bible Chapel
Attn: Pastor Search Committee
277 Parkhill Main Street
Parkhill, ON N0M 2K0
Please provide the following when submitting an application for review:
Cover page & resume (Word document or PDF file only) and Philosophy of Ministry.
To apply for this job please visit gbcparkhill.ca.