Website Lakeside Community Church
Lakeside Community Church (LCC) is seeking to fill the role of Lead Pastor for our creative and unique church located in Salmon Arm B.C. LCC embraces its current reality and is seeking fresh ways of being the body of Christ as we missionally serve our community. The pastoral candidate we seek for our next season of ministry will have the gifts, temperament, and calling to be a missional leader, an equipper of others, and to possess creative vision. We desire a pastor who will create a sense of community in our ever-changing context.
The primary responsibilities of this opportunity are:
1. To discern, develop, and execute the mission and vision of LCC in conjunction
with the Governance Board, Ministry Team, staff and congregation.
2. To develop and coordinate House and Whole Church gatherings.
3. To foster a disciple-making culture in the church family.
4. To oversee preaching, teaching and pastoral care ministries.
5. To equip staff and lay leaders for the ministries and mission of LCC.
6. To lead the staff of LCC and Ourspace (a coworking space that is part of
Lakeside’s missional vision).
The core competencies and values we are seeking are:
● Love for the triune God and heart for people and creation
● Devotion and intimacy in prayer
● Growing love for and understanding of the Scriptures
● Creative and entrepreneurial pastoral leader for church and community
● Ability to help the church grow in intimacy with God
● Integrity and trustworthiness
● A mature conviction for every member ministry (Ephesians 4:11-13)
● Cultural awareness
● An excitement to wander with us along the path God is leading us on
● An eagerness to study, evidenced in being a lifelong learner
● Experience in facilitating corporate worship
● Articulate and passionate communicator of the Word
● Competence in offering pastoral care and guidance
● Missional perspective with an approachable demeanour
● Ability to administrate within a variety of realms
● Other: (tell us about your giftedness)
What we offer:
● A prayerful, gifted, creative, and intimate church concerned for its community
● A committed church community exploring fresh expressions of church life
● Flexibility to explore employment options (part-time, full-time, shared calling,
● A compensation and benefits package in accordance with the Free Methodist
Church salary guidelines
● A beautiful city to live in the heart of the Shuswap region of BC
● Our commitment to the Free Methodist Church family
Please contact Davika at The Free Methodist Church in Canada Leadership Development office via email (email@example.com) by August 2 to request a copy of the church profile and pastoral job description to prayerfully review. Instructions about how to apply for the position will be sent with the profile.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org