Website Montreal Chinese Presbyterian Church
POSITION: YOUTH WORKER (PART-TIME)
The Montreal Chinese Presbyterian Church (www.mtlcpc.org) is the oldest Chinese Protestant Church in Montreal with its origins in 1897. It has evolved to be a multi-cultural and multi-generational congregation with a core base of mostly 2nd generation Canadian Asian young families who are actively engaged in the ministries of the church. We are in search of a youth worker to work with our minister to shepherd and nourish the youth and their families.
● As part of a team, develop strategies and execute plans to establish ministries for youth, including college students
● Develop and equip student leaders
● Recruit and develop adult or mentors for the fellowships
● Attend meetings of the Session (board of elders) and relevant ministry committees
● Related ministry responsibilities as assigned by Lead Pastor and Session
● A person of faith, prayer, vision, and integrity who maintains a close relationship with God
● A heart for young people with a minimum of 2 years of experience in working with youth
● Strong Biblical knowledge
● Gifted in areas of leadership, communication and relationship building
● A willingness to come under leadership and to lead with humility
● A team player who functions well within group leadership
● Adaptive capacity and comfortable with change
● Fluent in English; ability to speak French or willingness to learn it; knowledge of Chinese an asset
● Background check required prior to employment.
To apply, send the following to email@example.com:
● Curriculum vitae
● Personal statement of belief
● Personal statement describing your calling and vision for working with youth
● Names and contact information for 3 references
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
To apply for this job please visit www.mtlcpc.org.