Website Mount Hamilton Baptist Church
We seek to hire a full-time (40 hours/week) Lead Pastor who will serve at Mount Hamilton enthusiastically with energy, creativity, and kindness. The successful candidate would need to have a passion for people to encounter God and be transformed by the Holy Spirit, and a passion for outreach. In this role, the pastor will provide oversight to the pastoral team and will be the primary person responsible for Sunday Morning coordination and preaching. He or she will join in the soul and spiritual care of the congregation as they serve Christ through MHBC. This pastor will also work with the board and pastoral team to vision and seek God for the future of our church.
Mount Hamilton Baptist Church is a flourishing faith community that has served on Hamilton Mountain for 101 years. We are a diverse, intergenerational, egalitarian, beginner-friendly church with a large number of young families and new followers of Christ. Approximately 300 people call MHBC home, and a regular Sunday sees 140 adults and up to 40 children participate in worship. MHBC believes in a non-judgmental “come as you are” ethos and welcomes everyone wherever they are spiritually. We aspire to have a strong neighbourhood presence and to serve our city in collaboration with local mission partners.
Roles and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be accountable to the Board of Directors as they lead the pastoral staff.
The day to day duties will include but are not limited to:
• Development and care of pastoral staff.
• Collaborating with the board and pastoral staff on vision and strategy.
• Providing Pastoral Care.
• Coordinating Sunday morning services.
• Teaching in various settings.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Masters of Divinity or Masters of Theological Studies degree from an accredited school.
• Accreditation and Ordination through the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec or a willingness to pursue upon hiring.
• Way of living according to CBOQ lifestyle guidelines.
• Full support the values, vision, and policies of MHBC and the CBOQ, and maintain a growing relationship with Christ.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com