Website Port Moody Pacific Grace MB Church
We are seeking a Children Ministry Pastor who has the passion and desire to lead and care for the next generation. The Children’s Pastor reports to the Lead Pastor and works closely with other pastoral staff and Children Ministry deacons to develop and oversee the children ministry.
Role and Responsibilities
· Develop and coordinate all programs related to, and engaging, children (Nursery to Grade 6) across Cantonese and English congregations while partnering with and equipping parents to serve and build strong Christian homes.
· Work with pastoral staff and deacons to realize our church vision and mission statement.
· Models a Christ-like spirit and servanthood in relationships and attitudes towards children, parents, and colleagues.
· Identify, recruit, train, and equip potential volunteers and oversee the whole children’s ministry team.
· Trouble-shoot any problems pertaining to children’s ministry.
· Develop annually and oversee the Children Ministry budget so it effectively and wisely utilizes church resources and maximizes ministry opportunity.
· Make purchases and coordinate tools and materials necessary for the successful running of the children ministry.
· Procure strong understanding of, develop and be able to train on, enforce and maintain the required standard of childcare and nursery care policy.
· Attend and participate in relevant staff meetings.
· Participate in outreach, visits, and counselling as necessary.
· Graduated from an evangelical seminary
· Study in Christian education, specializing in spiritual development of children will be an asset
· Preferably with two years of children ministry experiences in North America
· Multicultural experience and working in a bilingual context preferred
· Fluent in written and verbal English; ability to communicate in Cantonese an asset
– Proficient in using Microsoft Office Applications
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org