Website Scarborough Chinese Baptist Church
10 Weeks: May 21, 2024 – July 29, 2024
Next Generation Ministry
Pastor of Next Generation Ministry
January 11, 2024
Until the position is filled
Scarborough Chinese Baptist Church (SCBC) is a trilingual (English, Cantonese, and Mandarin) multigenerational church with about 1,800 members. We are strategically located in Scarborough, Greater Toronto Area, which is one of the most dynamic and multicultural areas in North America. We strive to serve the local community and beyond seeking to be a blessing to all peoples.
To work closely with the Pastor of Next Generation Ministry to supervise the planning and execution of the SummerFun Camp.
1. Preparation for camp programs
· Liaise with the SummerFun 2024 program committee to ensure the smooth planning of the activities with the Next Generation Ministry Summer Interns (SI) and for their execution of the in-person camp.
· Research and develop the teaching and lesson plans, and activities for families or children that can meet the government camp safety standard.
· Participation in the camp program.
· Be involved in the hiring process of mature Christ-followers and qualified candidates for the Next Generation Ministry Summer Intern positions.
· Be involved in the selection process for youth leadership.
· Work with the Church Administration Team to ensure the Summer Interns are equipped with the tools to accomplish their duties.
· Provide regular mentorship to the Summer Interns.
· Identify (or assist in identifying) and encourage the practice of their giftings.
· Provide/coordinate the appropriate training for the Summer Interns.
· Lead the Summer Interns to develop and deliver the camp programs.
· Organize and plan with the Summer Interns for the leaders’ training.
· Assess and evaluate the Summer Interns’ performance and progress during their period of employment.
· Conduct exit interviews with the Summer Interns at the end of their employment.
· Conduct post-event evaluations for the SummerFun camp program.
· Lead and manage the Summer Interns as they perform their non-camp-related roles and responsibilities.
· Room Booking and Administration.
· Planning Center Online (PCO) Operation.
· Managing and monitoring the team’s Google Drive.
· Checking in with and updating the Pastor of Next Generation Ministry.
4. Work Environment and other Work Duties
· Work times may vary depending on the program operation requirements.
· The work schedule will be discussed during the interview.
· Any other related duties assigned by the Pastor of Next Generation Ministry.
Capabilities and Characteristics
1. Passion to Serve
· Accepted Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, confessed your sins, and decided to follow Jesus.
· Passion for serving families with young children.
· Christ-centered and a strong commitment to God’s mission in the local church.
· Participate and contribute to our weekly team devotion.
2. Personality and Abilities
· Excellent communication and organizational skills.
· Ability to set work priorities and work-time flexibility.
· Experience or willingness to work in a collaborative team environment.
· Appreciate the team leaders, volunteers, and staff for their good work to encourage the positive team spirit.
· Respect the Summer Interns’ abilities/decisions to run the program their own ways if there is no violation of SCBC’s core values.
· Provide an open conversation environment to communicate with all staff, volunteers, parents and children. Listen and pray with them about their concerns at an appropriate time.
· English speaking of any ethnic background.
· Fluency in Cantonese and/or Mandarin is an asset.
· Feel comfortable using/willing to learn about online software such as PCO.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
SCBC is applying for the Federal Government funding under the Canada Summer Jobs program, the applicant must:
· be between 15 and 30 years of age at the beginning of the employment period; and
· be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
· have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
2. Education and work experience
· Pastoral seminary training will be an asset but not essential.
· Experience in planning and leading camp programs will be an asset.
· Past experience serving in SCBC SummerFun camps is preferable.
Please submit a cover letter and resume detailing how you meet the job requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SCBC Summer Supervisor 2024” as the subject line.
SCBC is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted by a Search Committee member in relation to an employment opportunity, please make your accommodation request, if necessary, at that time. We will take accommodation measures to provide you with a barrier-free selection process. All accommodation requests will be treated confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Funding for this position is subject to the Federal Government’s approval of SCBC’s application for Canada Summer Jobs funding.
For inquiries please contact: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org