Senior Director, Financial Planning
This is a full-time, permanent role initially located in downtown Toronto and relocating to Etobicoke in Spring 2023.
There is a flexible, hybrid work environment that will require three days per week in-office
(one of those days being Wednesday as that is a core in-office day).
Scott Mission is a Christian ministry of mercy and love. It aims to meet the needs of people with love and compassion and seeks to bring spiritual, physical, and emotional wholeness to their lives. Our Vision Prayer is Poverty in full retreat, flourishing for all, in Toronto and beyond.
Scott Mission was founded in 1941 by Rev. Morris and Mrs. Annie Zeidman as a non-denominational Christian organization responding to the needs of the poor, homeless, abandoned and vulnerable of all ages. Based in Toronto, the Mission offers practical, emotional and spiritual support to thousands of people every year.
While religious belief and practice are never conditions for receiving help and assistance, and everyone is welcome regardless of faith background, Scott Mission is committed to the spiritual well-being of all people through the life and witness of Jesus Christ Their hope is for everyone to have a personal relationship with Jesus, and to express this relationship in a life of integrity and in acts of compassion toward others.
Scott Mission is privately funded and employs over 160 dedicated staff at 502 Spadina, our Family Centre in East York, our Collingwood Retreat Centre, our Summer Camp in Caledon as well as our newest location, the Hub, due to open late spring 2023 at 5 McLachlan Drive, Etobicoke. While initially located at 502 Spadina Road, the position of Senior Director, Financial Planning will move to the Hub when it opens, https://scottmission.com/2022/11/24/our-new-hub/.
Building on the vision of its founders, Scott Mission has remained Christ-centred in all its programs and services. It was Morris and Annie Zeidman’s belief that the hunger of the soul needed to be addressed as well as the hunger of the physical body. Our various ministries offer support and provisions for the homeless, low-income families, and children and youth.
The Position – Senior Director, Financial Planning
The Senior Director, Financial Planning, is a dynamic self-starter who plays a key role in proactively analyzing, forecasting, budgeting and communicating financial and operational information, providing recommendations that enable key stakeholders to understand financial and operational issues and make informed and timely decisions as Scott Mission implements its strategic plan and progressively fulfills its mission and vision.
Position Responsibilities Include:
1. Provide incisive and compelling financial and operational analysis, reports and recommendations on a regular and ad hoc basis to senior and functional leadership.
2. Effectively communicate complex financial analysis that is relevant and actionable.
3. Develop, evaluate, improve and implement necessary reports and analyses to enable leadership’s understanding of Scott Mission’s current and future financial state.
4. Drive and oversee the Financial Planning, Forecasting and Budgeting process in synchronization with the annual planning process.
5. Support the Strategic Planning process as necessary.
6. Provide financial support to Scott Mission functions as well as Capital and Strategic projects.
7. Oversee the treasury function and proactively manage cash flow.
8. Serve as the point person for external financing and funding opportunities from banks and all levels of government including Canada Mortgage & Housing Corporation.
9. Regularly prepare analysis and reports including a quarterly financial package and commentary in support of the COO, CEO & Board Finance Committee.
10. Provide staff support to Board Committees including the Executive Committee, Finance & Audit Committee, Building Committee, Investment Committee, Pension Committee.
11. Other related financial expertise and support as required from time to time.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance (MBA an asset)
· Professional Accounting designation (CPA/CA/CGA/CMA) is a must
· Minimum 12 years of progressive accounting and finance experience
· Demonstrated excellence in communicating financial information effectively – written, verbally and through other means
· Excellent demonstrated experience of analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
· Ability to identify, analyze and manage risk
· Strong business acumen
· Excellent Excel and MS Office skills
· Motivated, passionate, strong communicator and self starter
· Attention to detail and accuracy, superb organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize and coordinate simultaneously; manage multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity
· Demonstrated commitment to Scott Mission’s Statement of Faith
· Compliance with Scott Mission’s policies and practices
This search is being conducted on behalf of Scott Mission by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online, through our website, in confidence.
To submit your application by February 17, 2023, please visit: http://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/. Select the role and ‘Apply’ to upload your cover letter and resume in two separate documents.
Issues with applying? Please email email@example.com.
For more information about the position, please contact Janice Wooster at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416.388.4049 / 1.866.647.5149. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If someone in your professional network is qualified and may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this information – we’d be pleased to connect with them.
To apply for this job please visit crawfordconnect.com.