Website St. Catharines United Mennonite Church
We are in search of a caring, sincere, and approachable lead pastor, focused on growing a church and fostering healthy relationships within the congregation. This position provides a unique opportunity for a passionate leader to help shape the future of our congregation as we strive to achieve our vision to be the hands, feet, and voice of Jesus.
We are a multi-generational church with a thriving children’s ministry located within the heart of the established community of St. Catharines, Ontario. Our large, multi-purpose facility provides a versatile space for community events, performances, and both mid-week kids’ programming and successful summer Vacation Bible Camp.
For more information, meet us by going to www.scumc.ca.
While we respect our foundation and traditions, we are looking to engage with future generations by fostering the spiritual growth of our congregation and connecting with the community. We aim to address the spiritual needs of our congregation and our community by identifying, developing, and building spiritual gifts. Our church is rooted in and actively supports the local community and organizations. We aspire to be a welcoming and comfortable place for individuals to come and feel spiritually and emotionally nourished.
Qualities & Gifts
- Strong personal faith and relationship with Christ, and the ability to uphold our core values and Anabaptist beliefs.
- Fulfill regular preaching responsibilities. Deliver Biblically rooted, relatable sermons that combine scripture with real-world, relevant applications that help bring the Bible to life.
- Natural leader able to help grow and foster lay leadership within the church and encourage members to grow their spiritual gifts. Confident in connecting, developing, and guiding the execution of several ministries within the church.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about facilitating ministry growth through the church vision.
- Ability to effectively work with and support the pastoral team, lay leadership, and volunteers, ensuring that all members feel valued and appreciated.
If this describes you, please send your resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org