Website St. Clair Community Church
Intergenerational Discipleship Lead Job Description
The Intergenerational Discipleship Ministry Lead will provide vision, foster/champion and administrate the goal of intergenerational discipleship at St. Clair. Specifically they will focus on developing disciples of Jesus Christ amongst the youngest generations at St. Clair Community Church through activating and collaborating with other generations in our community.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Vision Development (future)
- Visioning and championing the ministry of Intergenerational discipleship to leadership, staff, parents, and the larger St. Clair Community Church family.
- Foster a collaborative environment of discipleship across the entire church.
- Integrate St. Clair Community Church’s values (presence, family and mission) and practice (prayer, worship, scripture, generosity, hospitality, sabbath) throughout children’s discipleship.
Discipleship and Relationship Development (present)
- Build & equip teams to foster shared vision and being on mission together for the discipleship of the children from the Nursery age to Grade 6 (example: – Monthly Intergenerational Team Meetings, creation of teams over Nursery, Teaching, Worship, and Small Group Leaders).
- Network parents to champion personal discipleship and spiritual growth at home, and be present in other families’ lives.
- Communicate with parents about events, intergenerational services, and at-home resources.
- Participation in staff meetings and champion St. Clair initiatives between staff, leaders and volunteers.
- Equip our community through curriculum, training on teaching kids, team building.
- Connect our community through overseeing intergenerational events and services
- Welcome and orientation of new volunteers (policy training, connecting leaders with their gifts).
- Serving on Sunday intergenerational discipleship teams at least 2 times/month.
- Keeping current with children’s discipleship in our cultural context.
- Integrity in personal discipleship (rule of life: time in prayer, Scripture, practices, community, accountable to another Christian leader).
Administration and Communication
- Developing a hospitable environment fostered through training on safe church, updating policy and process, updating policy checks, and attention to kids check-in and safe dismissals).
- Schedule and roles for intergenerational teams in collaboration with the Administrator.
- Communicate with nursery & kids volunteers for scheduling.
- Supply shopping for Sundays and Events.
- Planning and tracking the budget for Intergenerational Discipleship ministries.
Skills and Qualifications
- A heart to see children discipled into resiliently faithful followers of Christ and to connect Christ-following adults with children in the church.
- Able to develop leaders and teams.
- Highly organized.
- Holds to the theological framework and values of St. Clair.
- Able to communicate vision and motivate a team.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Education and Experience
- Experience working with children.
- Ideally some theological training.
Reporting and Support
The St. Clair Intergenerational Discipleship Lead will report directly to the lead pastor and work collaboratively with staff and volunteers, and will be supported by a member of the Leadership team.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- This role is a contract position that will require 16-20 hours per week.
- Includes partial cell phone coverage & health benefits.
- Rate of pay for this position is dependant on education and experience: $25-28/hr.
NOTE: the title for this position is also open to discussion and discernment depending on the gifts, vision and passion of the applicant.
Accepting applications to Natalie Drake at firstname.lastname@example.org until February 16 2024.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com