Website Summit Community Church
Summit Community Church is looking for a high capacity Youth & Young Adult (YA) Pastor who is passionate about seeing our next generation of leaders come to Christ and grow in relationship with Him. We are a growing Church in Richmond Hill, ON. We seek to guide people to know and intentionally follow Jesus, assisting their development in growing in faith, loving in community and serving in mission.
Our Pastor of Youth & YA Ministries provides leadership of the Summit Youth & YA experience. Our Summit Youth experience partners with parents to guide our next generation to know and intentionally follow Jesus Christ, as well as support families in the spiritual development of their kids’ relationship with Jesus Christ. Our Summit YA experience seeks to connect and integrate young adults into Church life opportunities (services, LifeGroups, etc), provide spiritual direction, as well as equipping and releasing young adults into kingdom mission. Our Pastor will be responsible for our youth ministry from Grade 7 to Grade 12, our young adults as well as develop teams of people to serve in Summit Youth & YA.
Vision and Mission:
• Develop and implement a long term, strategic ministry plan for Summit Youth & YA that is aligned with the vision of Summit Community Church
• Identify, equip and empower emerging leaders to serve on Summit Youth & YA teams
• Develop and implement strategies for connecting to new youth & young adults
• Provide oversight to Summit Youth & YA in person & digital experiences
• Determine engaging and creative curriculum for youth &/or YA program
• Provide pastoral care to youth, young adults and families (if applicable)
• Maintain Plan to Protect procedures & policies and PCO Check In structures (if applicable) to ensure the safety of all participants and team members at Summit Community Church.
• Develop, encourage and celebrate Summit Youth & YA teams on an ongoing basis
Administration / Communication:
• Develop and maintain Summit Youth & YA Ministry budget.
• Communicate ministry updates and resource parents (where applicable)
• Oversee Summit Youth & YA communication, including web updates and social media
Denominational Responsibilities / Other:
• Represent Summit Community Church and participate in, district and regional events when possible
• Attend weekly staff meetings, retreats, special events, prayer meetings, etc
For more information on Summit Community Church, please go to summitcommunity.ca. If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com