Website Summit Drive Church
Part-Time: (20 hours/week)
Job Posting Open until: March 15, 2024
Position Start Date: May or June 2024
Summit Drive Church is a diverse, community-minded congregation who feel called to glorify God by developing caring, passionate followers of Jesus Christ. We believe that God is on mission and calling his people to join him on mission within our city and beyond. Summit Drive Church is located in the beautiful city of Kamloops, British Columbia, where it was planted in 1981 and is associated with the North American Baptist Conference. Summit Drive Church is a mid-sized congregation with Sunday attendance ranging between 450 and 675 (with two services and online presence), and approximately 1000 people who call Summit Drive Church their home church.
The Pastor of 60-Plus Ministry is a person with strong pastoral giftedness and proven leadership and communication skills who works alongside the other Pastors and supports the Lead Pastor in shepherding the Summit Drive church body. The Pastor of 60-Plus Ministry will have a deep seeded conviction that the local church is God’s primary vehicle for God’s saving work in the world and have a commitment to doing church “as a team.”
This candidate must be a mature follower of Jesus who is dedicated to the ministry of the local church, open and teachable, and must work well in a team setting. This candidate will require experience working in a ministry setting, and preferably have a Bachelor or Master’s degree related to ministry studies.
- Serves as a member of the pastoral team.
- Weekly visitation of 60-Plus members in Hospital, Senior’s Residences and Homes, and additional time visiting by phone (6 hours per week).
- Oversee Tuesday morning men’s and women’s Bible studies (2 hours per week).
- Organize and attend Thursday morning Carpet Bowling and join in with Pickle Ball at times (2 hours per week).
- Organize and host 60-Plus lunches (once per month – 3 hours per month).
- Oversee and equip the teams who conduct two services per month at Ridgepointe Retirement residence, two services at Kamloops Seniors Village and one per month at Ponderosa.
- Study Time (4-5 hours per week studying in preparation for speaking as needed at the senior residences, Bible studies, or Luncheons).
- Attend and participate in Sunday services, to greet and connect with 60-Plus folks, and attend occasional staff meetings (2-3 hours per week).
- Available for officiating funerals as needed/requested.
Thank you for taking the time to prayerfully consider this role. To apply, please send a current resume, cover letter and list of work-related references to our Lead Pastor, David Fields: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com