Website Trinity Church Streetsville
Camp Trinity – Assistant Director Job Description
We are looking for dedicated, enthusiastic leaders with a passion for working with children!
As a member of the Trinity Camp Leadership Team, the Assistant Director oversees the daily camp experience for campers within a specific age group.
REPORTS TO: Camp Director
TYPE: Full-time summer- 10 consecutive weeks from June 17th- August 23rd.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Exhibit enthusiasm and energy every day at camp.
● Provide a warm welcome to parents at drop off and pick up, create a space where parents feel encouraged and safe leaving their children.
● Support, encourage and oversee supervisors and camp leaders to ensure a safe and fun
camping experience for all campers.
● Assist with activity transitions and camper behavioural issues.
● Ensure that camp health and safety guidelines are implemented and followed including the
completion of daily accident and vulnerable sector reports.
● Ensure responsible use of church property including proper handling and storage of camp
● Communicate with trip facilitators and bus drivers during off-site trips.
● Communicate with parents if there is an accident or behavioural issues.
Before and After Camp
● Finalize the details and organization of camp schedule
● Attend a week of staff training with the leadership team.
● Participate in facilitating a week of training for all camp staff.
● Participate in the supervision of a week of clean-up and debrief after camp.
● Leadership experience including skills in communication, conflict resolution, planning,
organizing and time management.
● Previous experience and/or training working with children.
● Strong Bible knowledge
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
● $19.55/hr + vacation pay
● First Aid Training provided (required unless proof of valid certification is provided)
● Weekly Sunday staff dinners
● Camp t-shirts
● Extensive leadership training and mentoring
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by January 20th 2024.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org