Website Unionville Alliance Church
Denomination: Christian and Missionary Alliance
Church Size: 350+
Job Type: Summer Position
Position Status: Full Time, Summer
Potential Start Date: July 4, 2023
Potential Duration: 8-9 weeks
Department: Children’s Ministry
Reports to: Children’s Pastor
Last summer, we had 400 campers join us for Power Up! Camps. The Camp Leaders will support campers by leading camp groups and camp stations.
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist volunteers in pre-camp activities and preparation
- Assist in planning and implementing activities for camp
- Assist in 2-3 Sunday morning programs (scheduled in advance)
- Provide leadership in a station leader or group leader capacity
- Responsible for ensuring all camp materials are present for each corresponding day
- Address disagreements between camp volunteers and between children if applicable
- Ensure children are engaged, actively get to know the children and leaders
- Take initiative to complete tasks & think ahead of schedule in case of emergencies &/or changes
- Be an example for all camp staff and volunteers in terms of having a passion for serving & leadership abilities
- Participate in debriefs; gather feedback to help improve camp; aid in implementing changes for the next camp
- Participate in camp clean-up/set up for next camp
- Personal and professional development: Implement & monthly follow-up on SMART goals
- Perform related duties or special projects as assigned
- Complete a brief weekly reflection regarding experience, tasks and self-improvement
- Mandatory abuse prevention training
Skills & Qualities
- A strong understanding of our church’s mission and purpose for camps.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated, and flexible.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capable of leading a small group and ability to work collaboratively.
- Experience in leading children/youth programs and activities preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with strong attention to detail.
- To be a fully devoted follower of Christ, living with character and integrity.
- Fully aligned with the mission, vision, and values of Unionville Alliance Church
- Is a team player and acts as a positive role model for children, youth, and fellow staff.
- Strong oral and written English communication.
- Organized, punctual, responsible, takes initiative and reliable.
Applicants must be 15-30 years old. Position is contingent upon obtaining the Canada Summer Job Grant.
Submit your applications at uachome.org/careers.
To apply for this job please visit uachome.org.