Website Unionville Alliance Church
DIRECTOR OF ONLINE ENGAGEMENT
Overview of Unionville Alliance Church:
Unionville Alliance Church is a warm, vibrant, multi-ethnic, multi-generational church in Markham, Ontario that exists to lead people to know Jesus Christ and to follow him passionately. We value meaningful community, Biblical teaching, caring for those in need, prayer, and sharing God’s message of hope in Markham and beyond. We are motivated by God’s love to touch our world through Jesus Christ one life at a time.
As we move into a new season and culture of ministry, the part-time (20 hours/week) role of Director of Online Engagement will be responsible for leading our innovative and creative online ministry through our various portals and platforms. In this age of digital ministry, this director will envision, create, and execute, with the help of other ministry leaders, a churchwide digital strategy that fulfills our mission, vision, and values. The key objective of this ministry area is to create an online community of disciples and disciple makers. Note: this position can be combined with the part-time role of Pastor of Youth Ministries to create a full-time position.
- A mature follower of Jesus Christ with a vital faith and Christ-like character
- A gifted leader who seeks to serve
- A pastoral heart passionate about evangelism, gospel fulfillment, discipleship, and mentorship
- Ability to recruit, lead, train and inspire a team of volunteers and lay leaders
- Exhibits honesty and integrity coupled with personal discipline
- A high capacity individual who is self-motivated, driven, and responsible
- A vibrant and engaging communicator in a variety of media including oral and written mediums
- An active listener and eager learner who leads change with grace
- An innovator and strategic thinker who is able to see and think outside the box
- Thrives in the digital space while actively cultivating avenues of online ministry
- Able to work in harmony as a team player by contributing, supporting, and being committed to the broader ministry of Unionville Alliance Church
- Fundamental agreement with the doctrinal statement of the Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, in theology, communications, media, or a related field
- One year experience in digital ministry with a deep desire to leverage the online platform for gospel fulfillment
- Experience with social media platforms, video creation and editing, and creative communication methods
- Accredited or able to be accredited as an official worker of the Christian & Missionary Alliance in Canada
Online Engagement Responsibilities:
- Craft, develop, and execute a churchwide digital ministry plan and online discipleship model that fulfills our mission, vision, and values in the online space
- Recruit, train, and develop an online ministry team to assist with our online engagement
- Create and produce content for our various online platforms
- In conjunction with our Director of Communications, create a ministry plan for various online platforms, including but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, MailChimp, Church Online Platform and our Website
- In collaboration with staff and key ministry leaders, create opportunities for our online community to engage with various ministries and activities in the life of the church
- Oversee and help all ministry leaders to “Engage the 167” through our digital platform
- Other duties and projects as assigned by the Lead Pastor
Why Work With Us?
- We are a passionate, engaging, and innovative team that seeks to have fun while magnifying Jesus in our community and around the world
- We provide extended health care benefits that include dental, vision, and paramedical coverage
- We care about your future and provide for pension benefits with matching contributions
- We want to see you grow as a leader by providing opportunities and financial support for professional development
- We offer a flexible work environment with both in office and work from home opportunities
- We value the weekly sabbath while offering a minimum of three weeks annual vacation
- Plus other benefits and intangibles that you will learn about as you work with us!
Submit your applications at uachome.org/careers.
To apply for this job please visit uachome.org.