Website Weston Park Baptist Church
In keeping with our mission to Receive Grace and Give Grace, the Youth Pastor will oversee and manage a team of volunteers that will nurture and support youth and their families by shepherding them in their relationship with God, forming meaningful relationships, and creating activities and events that support them through life’s challenges.
The Youth Pastor will be an integral part of the pastoral team consisting of: Senior Pastor, Connecting Pastor, Children and Family Pastor, Community Outreach Pastor, Associate Pastor and Church Administrator. The Youth Pastor will work closely with parents and community networks.
- Provide visionary oversight and pastoral leadership to youth and young adults (12-25 years old (i.e., Junior High and Senior High; College and Careers).
- Develop implement and evaluate an effective small group discipleship strategy/model for youth and young adults.
- Identify, mobilize, disciple, and train volunteers and helpers.
- Plan and facilitate opportunities for YouthGroup activities, andChristian Education outside of Sunday services.
- Facilitate opportunities for leadership development such as mentoring, modeling, retreats, summer programs, LIT programs, and online learning.
- Develop a Bible-based discipleship plan that allows our youth to enter into worship, fellowship and meet God.
- Build, nurture, and maintain relationships with youth and their families.
- Connect with youth programs and ministries within the broader community (e.g., other churches, Youth Unlimited).
- Create a friendly, accessible environment for youth and their families to feel safe and loved.
- Plan, coordinate and participate in youth retreats and connect with youth in other CBOQ (Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec) youth events.
- Nurture your own personal faith development by taking courses, seminars, and spiritual retreats
- Work in collaboration with the Children and Families Pastor
- Plan and be responsible for Youth Ministry budget
- Attend monthly Deacons’ meeting and provide updates
- Provide a written report for the Annual Business meeting
- Attends quarterly Christian Education Committee meetings
- Develop and maintain relevant Policies & Procedures (including Child Protection Policy)
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with various leaders and stakeholders in the community, and other youth ministries.
- Assist in creating media communications (Church’s Facebook Page, lnstagram, etc.)
- Become a member of the church and participate in the life of the church community.
- Agrees and aligns with the vision, mission, values and statement of faith at WPBC
- Has a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing relationship with Jesus.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in theological studies, divinity, and/or education from a recognized/accredited institution.
- Has 3+ years of experience in youth ministry or related fields.
- Demonstrated background in leadership and managing volunteers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in various social media platforms and modern technologies.
- Excellent collaboration skills with peers and is a strong team player
- Has experience and understanding of working within diverse communities and providing friendship and counsel to youth as they grow in life and in faith.
- The candidate must be fun, energetic, innovative and self-motivated.
- Demonstrates and shares the Gospel in a relevant way to youth and their families.
- Full-time, salaried position (40 hrs/wk and benefits included)
- Salary range: TBD, depending on the candidate’s qualifications and experience
- Target Start Date – January 16, 2023
- Must complete Vulnerable Sector Check
- Must become a member of WPBC
- This role requires working on Sundays
- Second language (e.g., Spanish, Portuguese) not required, but useful in the Weston area
- Reports to Connecting Pastor
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org