Website Westview Baptist Church
Westview Baptist Church is seeking an energetic Director of Worship Arts to function in a part-time capacity within the team environment of pastoral and support staff.
- You are a follower of Jesus with a passion for worship and praise through music in a church setting.
- You are looking for a part-time position, which goes well with your other interests or stage of life, to use your gifts and talents to build up the body of Christ.
- You have great ideas as well as the ability to get things done. You can work independently and also enjoy working collaboratively with other team members.
- You would become a valued member of the staff and pastoral team of women and men.
- You would provide leadership and inspire a small but vibrant group of worship leaders, and a highly capable and engaged group of singers and musicians, as well as a great team of audio, visual, and livestream technicians.
If this sounds like you and an environment you would love to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
DIRECTOR, WORSHIP ARTS
The Director of Worship Arts (“DWA”) is someone with a passion to worship and praise the Lord, who will work with all WBC worship arts ministry volunteers. This includes music team leaders, musicians, singers, sound and livestream techs (“SALT”), and coordinating with the team leader for Westview’s Reflections Arts Collective.
The DWA communicates well with artists, inspires teams, and provides strong vibrant leadership and administrative support. This person knows, appreciates, and loves a wide variety of music. The primary responsibility is providing leadership through relationship building, communications, and strong administrative support. Musical and soundboard knowledge and skills are a necessary part of this responsibility.
WBC’s Worship Arts goal is to enjoy and employ the diversity and richness of music and other art forms, to disciple people in it, as we worship God together.
This is a part-time contract position, of 10 to 20 regular hours, depending on availability, gift and talent mix. The following responsibilities will be prioritized accordingly.
1. Oversee all worship arts ministries.
2. Coordinate worship activities including; planning the order of service in cooperation with the Lead Pastor each week, and coordinate the elements of the service (such as music, audio visual, sound, lighting, artistic elements, etc.).
3. Attract, recruit, empower, disciple, and position people in their most optimal ministry role related to worship arts.
4. Lead worship music at WBCY (Youth) nights and mentor youth interested in worship arts.
5. Be responsible for purchases of equipment and material related to worship arts.
6. Work closely with the pastoral team and volunteers in the planning of funerals, yearly Kick-off service, Advent, Lent and Resurrection Season, and other special services or events.
7. Be a visible presence at Sunday morning worship services.
8. Attend staff, AGM and congregational meetings.
Key Skills and Aptitudes
– Strong communicator (verbal and written) and interpersonal relationship skills.
– Self-motivated, takes initiative, with vision and ideas inspired by the Holy Spirit.
– Teachable, collaborative, and works well in a team-based environment.
– Able to listen well and manage conflicts if/as they arise.
– Music, soundboard, and standard sound equipment knowledge and skills are necessary.
– ProPresenter, Planning Center Services, and standard office computer software.
– A committed follower of Jesus Christ.
– A mix of the following Spiritual Gifts (Leadership, Administration, Pastor / Shepherd, Giving).
– Bachelor’s degree in Music or equivalent.
– Minimum 3-5 years of experience leading music and a demonstrated ability to lead and inspire people.
– Willing and able to become a member of Westview Baptist Church.
– Reports to the Lead Pastor.
– Supported by Westview’s HR team.
– Agreement with Westview’s Mission, Vision, and Statement of Faith
The position of Director of Worship Arts requires great flexibility in hours available for work, including evenings and weekends. The church calendar of events (Advent, Resurrection Season, etc.) are busy times of the year. There are regular daytime office hours, as well as some evenings making phone calls, working with music teams, SALT, Reflections, etc.
Please note: The information listed above is subject to review and adjustments in conjunction with the Lead Pastor and Westview Human Resource Team.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org