MDC is seeking a senior academic officer to fill the role of Vice President Academic, where they will provide leadership in all academic matters to the future of MDC.
Please review the job description below and apply to email@example.com. Successful applicants will be contacted by interview.
McMaster Divinity College (MDC) is an evangelical Christian graduate school and seminary with students representing nearly forty denominations. Located across from but affiliated with McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, MDC is independent in governance and manages its own financial affairs. The mission of MDC is to develop effective evangelical Christian leaders for the Church, academy, and society through graduate-level education, spiritual development, and vocational formation. We educate students for successful ministry and productive academic careers.
MDC is a graduate school and seminary providing education for the Master of Divinity, Master of Theological Studies, Master of Arts, Doctor of Practical Theology, and Doctor of Philosophy.
The VP Academic is the senior academic officer of MDC giving leadership to all academic matters of the College and reporting to the President. The VP Academic serves alongside other President’s Cabinet members to plan annual goals for the ongoing achievement of the mission of the College. The VP Academic is appointed on the recommendation of the President by the Senate and the Board of Trustees of McMaster Divinity College under the auspices of the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec.
The VP Academic will teach two courses a year and possibly supervise doctoral students depending upon the area of academic specialization and will write and publish suitable academic research in support of their area of academic expertise.
Full-time/Permanent. 35.00hours /week. Start date Aug 1, 2022.
$115,000.00 to $130,000.00 per year (to be negotiated) with benefits package which includes Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan, Vision care benefits, and four weeks of paid vacation in addition to one week of Christmas Office Closure. Employer covers the relocation costs.
The successful candidate should have the following demonstrated competencies and attributes:
- Ability to sign the MDC Statement of Faith
- Graduate degree in Christian Theology
- Five years of academic development experience with a strong focus on instructional design, competence in educational assessment, and proficiency in high-tech education technology. Plus three years of experience as a senior manager or administrator managing a Christian Theology School and teaching Christian theology
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively and efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to contribute in a positive manner to leadership team dynamics.
- Recommend curriculum revisions and additions and approve scheduling of courses.
- Ability to plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate academic and related activities of a college or university faculty.
- Ability to administer and control budgets for projects, programs, support services and equipment.
How To Apply
By email to:
By mail to:
McMaster Divinity College
1280 Main Street West