As of September 7, 2021, everyone who wishes to attend campus, including all faculty, staff, students, and visitors, are required to provide proof of vaccination.
Those who are not fully vaccinated or have not yet received an exemption for a validated human rights ground will be required to submit proof of a negative COVID test result twice per week between the period of September 7 and October 18. After October 18, those who have not been vaccinated or received an exemption will no longer be allowed to access MDC’s campus.
To show proof of vaccination, follow these steps:
- Download the McMaster SafetyApp onto your smart phone or device from your App Store.
- In the McMaster SafetyApp, select “MacCheck: Your COVID-19 Digital Tool”
- Select “I am a Guest visiting McMaster” (do not use “I have McMaster credentials”). Once you register, it may send you back to the main menu, enter again and proceed with the application process.
- Select “Begin Application” and provide your name, email address, and phone number, then proceed to enter your vaccine information on the next menu. You will be asked to provide a photo of your vaccine receipt. From here, you can submit your information.
- Once you have submitted your vaccine information, you will receive a QR code. Show this QR code when entering MDC as your proof of vaccination.
- You will only need to register once. When revisiting the app, follow steps 2 & 3 above and then select “View Vaccine Passport” to access the QR code again.
This policy has been established in conformity with the larger McMaster University campus. Read the announcement here.
If you are unvaccinated you are required to submit a negative test result. A testing centre has been setup on campus, get more information on McMaster’s on-campus Asymptomatic COVID-19 Testing Centre here. Do not attend the testing centre if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to COVID-19.