1. $75 non-refundable application fee
2. Answers to the following questions:
- What do you want to accomplish by working for an MA (Christian Studies) or PhD (Christian Theology)?
- Why is McMaster Divinity College the best place for you to develop the above?
3. Official transcripts in their original sealed envelope from all post-secondary institutions attended
4. Two academic references
5. One pastoral reference
6. Name, title, and contact information for three additional referees who are willing to speak on your behalf, if contacted.
7. Additional Requirements for PhD Applicants
- Curriculum vitae that lists your past education, work experience, professional accreditations, publications, ministry and leadership experience, ancient and modern language proficiencies, and honours
- McMaster Divinity College faculty member by whom you would like to be mentored
- Master’s thesis or writing sample in your proposed area of specialization (minimum 10,000 words)
- A one-page description of the topic you are considering for your dissertation
8. Additional Requirements for International/Visa Students
- TOEFL Certificate (minimum 237 CBT, 580 PBT, or 92 IBT) if English is not your first language
- Official translation of foreign documents, including transcripts
- A copy of your Canadian study permit will be required before registration
*A late fee of $25 will be charged to applicants after June 1/November 15 or January 15 (PhD)