Prior to the start of classes, students will receive an email from the Student Records office (Rm 210) with their MACID and password as well as instructions to access courses on our online learning management system, Avenue to Learn (A2L). Please note that all hybrid courses have mandatory online and collaborative learning elements (discussion forum, group chats, asynchronous and synchronous online lectures, etc.). These requirements and the relevant learning/communication platforms (such as Zoom and PebblePad) will be indicated in the course syllabus. The following is a list of helpful links and technical requirements for our hybrid courses
Minimum system and hardware requirements:
- CPU: Dual-Core Processor
- RAM: Minimum 4GB RAM
- Camera (for video conferencing): A high-quality video supported USB-based web camera (or build-in camera on a laptop computer), at least 720p.
- PC: Windows 7 or later
- Mac: Mac OSX 10.10 or later
- Web Browsers: Firefox, Safari or Google Chrome
- Mobile Device (for Zoom Mobile App):
- Apple device: iOS 11 or above with an active Wi-Fi or cellular (data charge) connection
- Android device: Android OS 5.0 or higher
- Individual courses may have additional software requirements. This may include video recording software (for taking and sharing video/presentation) or a specific software applicaiton. Please refer to the course syllabus.
- The latest version of the Microsoft Office Suite is available for MDC students to download and use FOR FREE. Please go to this site and following the instructions to sign in (with the following credentials):
- Login: <<Your MACID>>@mcmaster.ca
- Password: Your MACID password
Students will need regular access to a computer with a stable internet connection. High speed broadband access (wireless, fiber, or cable) is required for the optimal learning experience.
The online learning management system, Avenue to Learn (A2L) is built on Desire to Learn (D2L) – Brightspace learning management system. Here are a few documents and tutorial videos from Brightspace. Please review them carefully.